California CAPSS Budget Bundle
Download the CAPSS Budget Bundle fact sheet
This easy-to-setup California CAPSS Bundle offers a quality fingerprint scanner, a signature pad, and a software application (FbF® bioCollect) that captures and saves the images. The Futronic FS88H fingerprint sensor is an FBI-certified scanner that quickly captures clear prints, and the Scriptel ST1475 is a low-cost signature pad that does not display the customer’s signature on the pad (only on the host computer).
According to California law, the California Pawnbrokers and Secondhanddealers System (CAPSS) must be used by all pawn brokers (PB) and secondhand dealers (SHD) to record and report all property transactions to their Local Law Enforcement Agencies. This single, statewide electronic reporting system is administered by the California Department of Justice (CalDOJ).
Learn more about CAPSS here. All Fulcrum Biometrics CAPSS Bundles are designed to make all PB’s and SHD’s fully compliant with the mandatory requirements for capturing and reporting digital (electronic) fingerprints and signatures.
The CAPSS Bundle contains the following components and features:
Qty. 1 - FbF® bioCollect Biometric Capture Application
Qty. 1 - Futronic FS88H FIPS201/PIV USB Fingerprint Sensor
- Easy-to-install download
- Simple, color-coded user interface walks you through each step of fingerprint and signature image capture
- Fingerprints saved as jpg’s are 56k, considerably smaller than 75k maximum size allowed by CAPSS
Qty. 1 - ScripTouch® (by Scriptel) Slimline 1x5 Signature Pad (ST1475)
- Precise optics – allow the scanning of practically undistorted fingerprint images.
- Live Finger Detection – rejects fake fingers made from silicone, rubber, play-doh or other materials. This feature may be turned on or off in software.
- Infra-red illumination – allows scanning of wet, dry, blurred and other problematic fingers.
- Rugged sensor – thick (16 mm) crown glass used for platen. Practically indestructible scanner surface.
- Active, battery-free, tethered pen
- Durable casing that stands up to retail level activity
- Non-slip rubber feet holds pad in place
- Wide palm rest for easier writing
- No-scratch glass surface
- Operator, but not customer, can see the signature
- Rated for more than 1 million signatures
Have a question or need more information? Tell us about it and our personnel will respond shortly.