Fingerprint BSS License
The Fingerprint BSS component allows to integrate support for
fingerprint template and image format standards and additional image
formats with new or existing biometric systems based on VeriFinger SDK.
These biometric standards are supported:
- BioAPI 2.0 (ISO/IEC 19784-1:2006) (Framework and Biometric Service Provider for fingerprint identification engine)
- ISO/IEC 19794-2:2005 (Fingerprint Minutiae Data)
- ISO/IEC 19794-4:2005 (Finger Image Data)
- ANSI/INCITS 378-2004 (Finger Minutiae Format for Data Interchange)
- ANSI/INCITS 381-2004 (Finger Image-Based Data Interchange Format)
- ANSI/NIST-CSL 1-1993 (Data Format for the Interchange of Fingerprint, Facial, & SMT Information)
- ANSI/NIST-ITL 1a-1997 (Data Format for the Interchange of Fingerprint, Facial, & SMT Information)
- ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2000 (Data Format for the Interchange of Fingerprint, Facial, & SMT Information)
- ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2007 (Data Format for the Interchange of Fingerprint, Facial, & Other Biometric Information)
- ANSI/NIST-ITL 1a-2009 (Data Format for the Interchange of Fingerprint, Facial, & Other Biometric Information)
The Fingerprint BSS component allows conversion
between Neurotechnology proprietary fingerprint templates, ISO/IEC
19794-2:2005, ANSI/INCITS 378-2004 and ANSI/NIST-ITL templates.
The Fingerprint BSS component also includes:
- JPEG 2000 image format support module with 1000 ppi Fingerprint Profile;
- NIST IHead image format support module;
- module with NIST Fingerprint Image Quality (NFIQ) algorithm, a standard method to determine fingerprint image quality.
Latent Fingerprint Editor is available with
Fingerprint BSS component.
In most cases automated image processing is unable to extract
all minutiae or extracts a lot of false minutiae from latent fingerprint
image (for example, taken from the crime scene).
Therefore, an expert should manually edit a fingerprint
template in order to submit it to an AFIS for the identification.
Sample latent fingerprint template editor (.NET) shows how to change minutia's coordinates, direction, type and other parameters.
The component is designed for applications that run on hardware with at least Intel Core 2 Q9400 (2.67 GHz) processor.
It can be used from C/C++, C# and Java applications on all supported platforms.
.NET wrappers of Windows libraries are provided for .NET developers.
Licenses for the Fingerprint BSS component can be purchased
anytime by VeriFinger 7.0 Extended SDK and MegaMatcher 5.0 SDK
Back to the top of this page