Fujitsu's PalmSecure sensor brings award winning vein imaging technology for secure identification and authentication. This award-winning innovation offers a highly reliable, contactless biometric authentication solution that is non-intrusive and easy to use. Sensor includes detachable USB cable. Also included is the Universal Hand Guide (U-Guide) provides users with a simple solution for ensuring exact correct placement of the hand above the PalmSecure Sensor. The Guide snaps securely over the top of the PalmSecure Sensor and provides a underside cutout for the USB cable. Sits securely on a desktop or counter top and can be fastened down if needed.
The Fujitsu PalmSecure technology is a palm vein based strong authentication solution that utilizes industry-leading vascular pattern biometric technology. This offers a highly reliable, contactless biometric authentication solution that is non-intrusive and easy to use. PalmSecure technology has been deployed worldwide in a wide range of vertical markets, including security, financial/banking, healthcare, commercial enterprises and educational facilities. Additional applications include physical access control, logical access control, retail POS systems, ATMs, kiosks, time and attendance management systems, visitor ID management and other industry-specific biometric applications. PalmSecure is a biometric authentication device that provides high level of security using palm vein authentication technology. This technology is now able to be used in a wide range of situations thanks to reductions in size, reductions in cost, and simplification of development. The Fujitsu PalmSecure sensor uses near-infrared light to capture a person's palm vein pattern, generating a unique biometric template that is matched against pre-registered user palm vein patterns. The palm vein device can only recognize the pattern if the blood is actively flowing within the individual's veins, which means that forgery is virtually impossible. This advanced, vascular pattern recognition technology provides highly reliable authentication. The PalmSecure technology false accept rate is just 0.00008 percent with an exceptional false reject rate of 0.01 percent, all in a small form factor that generates extremely fast authentication, usually under one second.
Fujitsu PalmSecure Sensor Features
The PalmSecure Sensor offers the following features and characteristics.
- Advanced biometric authentication algorithm delivers ultra-low FAR (false accept rate) and FRR (false reject rate)
- Contactless palm vein authentication is hygienic and noninvasive - No Residual Trace Technology
- Encrypted repository for template storage & enterprise level event logging capability
- PalmSecure Authentication recognized by leading International Security Bodies, including International Common Criteria and CNIL
- Fast and easy registration with virtually no enrollment error.
Fujitsu PalmSecure Universal Hand Guide Features
- Rugged ABS Plastic for durability and long life
- Finger and wrist positioning guides make for fast and accurate
- Rubber feet stick securely to desk to avoid device slipping
when hand is placed
- Simple yet secure holder for the PalmSecure Sensor Module
- USB Cable guide
NOTE: This sensor only ships to North and Central America unless bundled with Fulcrum Biometrics software.
Back to the top of this page