Enhanced fingerprint capture firmware and high-performing liveness detection available in the embedded M300!
- Real World Performance — Patented Lumidigm multispectral imaging outperforms conventional fingerprint technologies, reducing problems with user enrollment and matching.
- Reliable Fingerprint Capture — Enhanced finger detection software consistently captures high quality fingerprint images from all users in all environments.
- High-Performance Liveness Detection — Embedded sensors now provide strong liveness detection, preventing the fraudulent use of fake or stolen biometric data.
- Enhanced Matching — Top-ranked MINEX III algorithm is interoperable with ANSI/ISO templates and delivers accurate 1:1 matching and 1:N searches up to 5,000 users.
- Excellent Value — Robust, compact and field-proven, M-Series USB sensors bring multispectral imaging to the enterprise desktop.
Compact and cost-effective Lumidigm
M-Series Fingerprint Modules use
patented multispectral imaging
technology to capture fingerprint data
for all users, detect fraudulent verification
attempts, and provide accurate fingerprint
matching. Streamline user authentication
and reduce your administrative burden
with the M-Series.
Multispectral imaging technology captures
surface and subsurface fingerprint data,
delivering clear images every time — even
when finger surface features are hard
to distinguish due to age, dryness, or
finger pressure. Multispectral imaging
outperforms traditional optical or
capacitive technologies that capture
only surface details, resulting in poor
performance when fingers are dry or wet,
and platens are dirty.
The M-Series features a top ranked
MINEX III certified algorithm with
interoperable ANSI/ISO fingerprint minutia
templates, proven 1:1 and 1:N matching
up to 5000 users, and FBI-certified WSQ
finger image compression. With USB and
RS-232 interfaces, the devices support
image, template and match score outputs
and are available in embedded or streaming
Designed for cost-sensitive yet demanding
applications, durable M-Series modules are
ideal for integration into physical access
control and time & attendance terminals for
improved employee usability and security,
multifactor logical access control devices
to improve security over weak password
systems, and point of sale (POS) terminals
to reduce transaction fraud from the use of
lost or stolen payment card credentials.
The core benefit of Lumidigm’s multispectral technology is that it virtually eliminates common real world problems experienced by conventional fingerprint sensors. The M300’s smaller and more flexible form factor is the more obvious visible difference from our high-end line of products. What is not so obvious perhaps is, despite its size, the new M-Series sensor module is still quite powerful and very feature rich.
M-Series M300 Module sensor modules support multiple modes of operation. This new functionality is a core component of the product’s design and is built-in to the M-Series product architecture. This means more flexibility and a variety of choices for integrators. M-Series devices can be configured to deliver high-quality images or ANSI-378 standard templates. M-Series can also be designed into either verification (1:1) or Identification (1:N) applications. All of this enhanced functionality is built into every OEM module. It is a standard, no-cost capability that is packaged into this offering.
- Enterprise: Time & attendance,
physical and logical access
- Banking: Employee logical access (single sign-on), teller authentication
- Healthcare: Patient and staff authentication, electronic medical record access, e-prescribing (EPCS)
- Point of Sale (POS) terminals
- More reliable fingerprint image capture
- High performance liveness detection
- Top MINEX III algorithm for improved 1:1 and 1:N matching
- Updated SDK tools