VILNIUS, Lithuania, June 1, 2016 Neurotechnology, a provider of high-precision biometric identification technologies, today released the new MegaMatcher 9.0 line of biometric software development kits. This release includes:
- New VeriLook 9.0 facial recognition algorithm. The algorithm provides five times higher accuracy in identifying full frontal faces and 10 to 15 times higher accuracy for unconstrained facial recognition, which makes it suitable for conducting automated facial image searches in large databases without the need for manual review. The faster face detection and more accurate estimation of facial attributes, including gender, smile, closed eyes, open mouth, glasses and dark glasses are also included. The algorithm is also included in MegaMatcher 9.0 SDK and MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0.
- Enhanced VeriEye 9.0 iris algorithm. The algorithm improves extraction speed and iris segmentation quality. Also, it can accurately detect eyelids and can be used to locate irises in images that are captured in both the near-infrared range and in visible light. The iris image quality estimation is adapted to the newer ISO/IEC 29794-6:2015 standard. The algorithm is also included in MegaMatcher 9.0 SDK and MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0.
- An easy-to-use face verification component for use in secure authentication applications such as mobile banking is included in the VeriLook 9.0 SDK and MegaMatcher 9.0 SDK.
- The VeriFinger 9.0 and VeriSpeak 9.0 SDKs feature the general SDK updates.
- The unified biometric SDK version numbering is introduced to provide more clear communication with customers.
Neurotechnology is a provider of high-precision software development products for biometric fingerprint, face, iris, palmprint and voice identification; object recognition; AI and robotics. Drawing from years of academic research in the fields of neuroinformatics, image processing and pattern recognition, Neurotechnology was founded in 1990 in Vilnius, Lithuania and released its first fingerprint identification system in 1991. Since that time the company has released more than 130 products and version upgrades for identification and verification of objects and personal identity. More than 3000 system integrators, security companies and hardware providers integrate Neurotechnology’s algorithms into their products, with millions of customer installations worldwide.