Digital transformation (DX) has been occurring across the global retail industry on a regular basis and in ongoing increments over the past few years, and, in the new, post-pandemic era in which we find ourselves.
Retailers who at first wrestled with mandated store-closures shifted business strategies as quickly as they could to execute a virtual store model. Online shopping, remote ordering and delivery were not only a way to compete with Amazon but now a requirement to stay in business for many brands.
The major changes in consumers’ shopping habits, spurred-on by COVID, the generational evolution of customer bases and their embrace of technology, and the enhanced capabilities of retailers’ e-commerce and in-store point-of-sale (POS) platforms meant that once stores re-opened and brick-and-mortar traffic returned, there was a noticeable gulf between online and in-store experiences.
Digital Identity (DI) – a key component in DX execution
Our work in recent years with major retailers has seen us package our own technologies, namely Fujitsu PalmSecure F-pro sensors and Fulcrum Biometrics Framework (FbF®) matching engines to deliver highly assured digital identities for use in a number of use-cases. DI when bundled with comprehensive design and consulting services for innovative sales and marketing provides unrivaled customer loyalty and highly personalized shopping experiences.
How do we do it? It’s all about our CX+ solution and services offering, and our focus on making the customer journey truly delightful, such that it is free from inconvenience and hassle, is timely and expedient, is insightful and establishes a sense of joy.
FbF® CX+ for Enhanced Customer Experiences, powered by Fujitsu PalmSecure
- Allow customers to sign-up for enhanced shopping experiences (consent-based approvals are required for biometrics usage – why not deliver something extra special in return for their consent?).
- Converge the in-store shopping experience with digital engagements that your customers have online or through your mobile app.
- Demonstrate personalization through the use of technology such as interactive displays, mobile/tablet solutions giving your staff guidance on how to have enhanced interactions with customers, tailored loyalty program offers and more.
- Simplify access control to automated stores, special events, VIP lounges, etc.
- Palm Vein Payments offered by our partners at Ingenico (contact us for more information).
Using PalmSecure as a method of verifying or identifying customers in a retail setting opens the doors to many creatively re-designed and re-engineered processes and workflows. The CX enhancements come from no longer having to worry about bringing an ID (e.g. for alcohol or tobacco purchases), from being able to pay for products with the simple wave of a hand above a sensor embedded in a POS terminal, or from interacting with a display to see articles of clothing that might be of interest, to name a few examples.
Through our CX+ solution, our FbF + PalmSecure technologies provide a secure and private way for customers to engage in any number of interactions.